New Discussion

Re: HPE SIM 7.6 LR4 upgrade fails on Windows 2019

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew_R
Advisor

HPE SIM 7.6 LR4 upgrade fails on Windows 2019

Afternoon all.

I have been tasked with Migrating my current 7.6 Sim install running on 2008 to Windows 2019. 

I've seen that LR4 is the only version of SIm that runs on 2019  and I have setup a test VM and tried the LR4 upgrade and it hangs at the following point : 

hpsimfailure.JPG

How do I fix this failure?

3 REPLIES 3
KK
HPE Pro

Hi Andrew,

It seems there is quite confusion for managed server and management server.

SIM 7.6 LR4 supports Windows Server 2019 as managed system OS.

For installing LR4 update on the system, the HPE SIM application must be installed on supported OS.

Were you able to install HPE SIM 7.6 on Windows Server 2019? If yes, then we need to further check why it is not freezing while applying the LR4 update.

LR4 is update only package and cannot be installed on baremetal OS like HPE SIM.

For more details, you can refer HPE Insight Management 7.6 LimitedRelease 4 Support Matrix and HPE Systems Insight Manager 7.6 LimitedRelease 4 Release Notes.

As per the release notes or support matrix, the CMS supported OS is Windows Server 2016.

Windows Server 2019 is not yet marked as supported OS for management server i.e. CMS.

If there are any doubts, please reply back and we will try to figure out the solution.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
KK
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Andrew,

Let us know if there is any confusion or if you have any further doubts for SIM 7.6 installation.

Regards,

KK

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
Andrew_R
Advisor

Thanks for confirming this. 

I have been able to install 7.6 including the hotfix on a 2016 server so will proceed with that. 

Thanks allot for your help