7955 Online
108807 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM 5.0 SP4 - Version Control Status not showing correctly over WAN link

Ulf Rasmussen
Advisor

Re: HPSIM 5.0 SP4 - Version Control Status not showing correctly over WAN link

Hi guys,

We're stilling seeing this issue. I've tried increasing all timeouts and retries for 2 of the servers in Australia, to no avail.

Now I'm thinking, what if we installed a separate repository manager on a server local to australia? Would that help, or would it just make deployment faster? I guess the status is reported only direcvtly from the VCA to the HPSIM servere, and therefore it would not help? Would anyone here know?
Mc Simon

Hi,

just to let you know you're not alone with that.
We have exactly the same problems you've described.
Our situiation: Large company with servers worldwide.
The HP SIM is located in Germany. Mainly the machines from our Asian region show:VC Agent not configured (but also some in AMER and EMEA region).
The configuration (snmp, vca...) is the same on all machines!
I also believe in some kind of timeout and wish I could tell you more!

Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Did you all try increasing the Ping timeout and retry setting to a greater value in the "Global Protocol Settings" or in the "System protocol settings" page and see if it makes some difference?
Andy Ogan
Advisor

Hasn't done any good for me to triple the timeout lengths, or even 10x them.
Ulf Rasmussen
Advisor

Hi guys, thanks for showing interest in our problem. I've also tried playing around with the timeouts as suggested, without any success.

Are there other timeouts that are just for Version Control that aren't accessible via the GUI?
Johan Alberts_1
Occasional Advisor

Did you find any solution to this problem?

I'm currently cleaning up a large SIM 5 installation to get rid of a lot of these small but irritating problems.

On of the problems i the sam as yours. We also have a lot of systems that show there VCA status with a questionmark.

When we started with this the servers where "unkonfigured" in SIM (showing the blue I). I did replicate VCA settings from one server to the other. That process was somewhat successfull. At least the status changed to a questionmark. If i look at the settingsa on the VC Agents they are correct and they show the "local" status correctly.

On some of the servers it worked when we did a second software status poll but we still have about 300 servers that wont show the correct staus in SIM.

I have tried to remove some of the servers from SIM and then adding them and they show up ok. But since its more than 300 of them it will be a timeconsuming task and i will propably loose all historical loggs.

Is tehera any other way of getting them to show the correct status?

Regards
/Johan
Johan Alberts_1
Occasional Advisor

I might add that the total number of servers in this SIM installation is more than 900 and most of the servers show the correct VCA status

Regards

/Johan
Magoo

Hi Johan,

I opened a call for this at HP, they are still working on it.
What I tried as an interim solution is to install not only one VCRM (Version Control Repository Manager) but in each region its own. So now I have a VCRM in region AMER, APA and EMEA. After this I only had a few "blue question marks" left (slow locations). Maybe you can try that!?

Regards, Mc
Johan Alberts_1
Occasional Advisor

I could but VCRM servers on more than one site but i dont think that it will solve my problem.

Most of our servers are in the same lokation with a connection speed of minimum 100Mbit. Only a few servers are remote servers and they do report to SIM in a correct manner.

/Johan
JamesR_1

You can try checking with your WAN guys. Status updates are coming back to CMS via HTTP:80 initiating from the managed device. Check the protocol timeouts or port 80 restrictions through your network devices.

Replicate settings may get a completed status, but does the detail show any status errors. Sometimes the completed status can be deceiving.