5914 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM 6.0 to 6.1 docs

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HPSIM 6.0 to 6.1 docs

Hi All,
I may have missed the obvious, but anyone seen any docs covering upgrading from HPSIM 6.0 to 6.1?
I've found the 6.1 ReadMe and 6.1 User Guide, but neither covers upgrading from 6.0.
6 REPLIES 6
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

I ran the upgrade and the pre-install requirements pretty much covered anything not in the user guides..

Interestingly I had some security issues where RDP wouldn't work b/c the install couldn't contact the web page for RDP? Had to change some W2K8 role security, and install the IIS6 management console..

After that, the install ran..
not successfully, but it ran.
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

In place upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1, nothing much to document actually.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Just out of interest, I've got 6.0 installed (with DEP enabled for all services ref another thread), it was an upgrade from 5.3, with the result that 6.0 is a 64-bit software installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder in Windows, usually used by 32-bit programs.

Is there any chance of correcting this if upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1, say for example specifying new installation path or something ? (Preferrably ofc still keeping all settings from the old path).
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

what is under that folder though? the 6.0 upgrade should have handled everything actually since its 64bit. There are still a couple of things under the covers though that are 32 bit that don't matter much.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

The whole installation is located in the 32-bit folder, even though it is the 64-bit version. No real problems since the app runs fine, and can now use all memory it wants and so on, just a "cosmetical" question :)
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Seems there are no docs, it's just "straight forward".