Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753767 Members
6014 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSIM for VCenter : ' You must have vCenter Administrator role to access properties'

Pascal Schirrmann
Occasional Advisor

HPSIM for VCenter : ' You must have vCenter Administrator role to access properties'

Hi,

Here, we have a production VCenter and a test VCenter.

On the production VCenter, I was able to configure The HP Insight Plugin (After setting my account directly as VMware administrator, being member of an Administrator group didn't work)

On our Test VCenter, configured as far as I can check the same way as the production VCenter, I am unable to configure the plugin : I always got the message : ' You must have vCenter Administrator role to access properties'

Any ideas where I can pin point the trouble ?

TIA,

Pascal

3 REPLIES 3
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPSIM for VCenter : ' You must have vCenter Administrator role to access properties'

The user you log into vcenter has needs explicit "Administrator" rights.   The user is probably in a group that has rights... for some reason this will not work.

shocko
Honored Contributor

In order to administer the IC for vMware plugin i have found that you must login as local admin. Nested admin membership doesn't work in my experience.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Pascal Schirrmann
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your answers, but unfortunately, I think I already did those tests.

The account is directly assigned as 'Administrator' at the higest level in the VCenter.

I also tried with a local Windows account (Local to the vcenter server), with no more success. I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that the account used by the bridge between the VCenter and HPSIM is not administrator of the Vcenter.

I have to search further, but I'm not near to have time for this :-(

Thanks,

Pascal