4897 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPSIM memory leak and MxDTF restarting every few seconds

danobi
Frequent Advisor

HPSIM memory leak and MxDTF restarting every few seconds

Hi folks,

some days ago, I upgraded from HPSIM 5.3 to 6.0. At first it looked better than HPSIM 5.3 but then the problems started. I leave the HPSIM Website open during the week and I kept getting the message that HPSIM had been restarted and I had to re-login. However, when I tried to access the page to login again, mostly the old view was recreated, only sometimes I had to reenter my credentials.

I checked the eventlog and found masses of errors about restarting MxDTF in the application log but none about restarting the HPSIM itself.
I checked the system performance and discovered that 5,15 GB were occupied but when you added all values from processes together it were only about 2 GB. I stopped HPSIM with mxstop and the memory usage started climbing down. In the meantime the HPSIM service had been restarted by our monitoring tool, so the usage stagnated at 1,45 GB. Now, 1 hour later it has already reached 2 GB.

I know that our config is pretty messed up so I set up a new server and installed HPSIM 6.0. The errors started again. In \Systems Insight Manager\config\sshtools\known_hosts is only the HPSIM Server itself listed.
The first errors appeared during or right after the installation.

Any help would be geratly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniela Nobis
3 REPLIES 3
danobi
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPSIM memory leak and MxDTF restarting every few seconds

found a hint:
HPSIM is running on VMWare. I installed HPSIM 6.3 now on hardware and no error occured so far.

Are there any issues about a virtualized HPSIM 6.3?
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,

We never had issues with hpsim 5.3 on a virtual machine. We run it on a w2k3 r2 machine with 2GB RAM.
Since a few weeks ago, we do have an issue:
the CLI commands doesn't seem to work anymore. They always return this message:
1. Your username has been added to HP Systems Insight Manager.
2. Your username and password, if specified, are correctly spelled.
3. HP Systems Insight Manager is running.
4. You used '--' for any long options and double quotes if your username includes a domain.
Example: --user "mydomain\myusername" --pass mypassword

I am logged in with the user I also use to log in to the hpsim GUI. Anyone seen this before?
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

I'm having the same sort of memory leak. mxdomainmanager is using more and more RAM and killing the server every 24 hours. Box is phyical not virt and running server 2003.