1748051 Members
5122 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Issue with HP SIM installation on RHEL 6.1 on DL380 G7 server

riva_gupta
Advisor

Issue with HP SIM installation on RHEL 6.1 on DL380 G7 server

I have downloaded the SIM's bin file from HP's website: https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPSIM-Linux-6.x

I installed HP SIM on a RHEL 6.1 server: SIM_6.3_Z7550_00078.bin

The install said it completed successfully, but when I execute /opt/mx/bin/mxinitconfig -l command, it says:

[HPSIM_DEBUG] Error getting local host name, use localhost.

So where do I change the hostname?

Also when I tried to run the mxinitconfig -a command.

All the steps are done with the final result as:

Failed.

Completed with error.

Details can be found in the log files at: /var/opt/mx/logs

Configuartion failed to complete due to the following error exception: Cannot start HP System Insight Manager Service.

Possible Cause: HP System Insight Manager service is not installed properly.

Resolution: Make sure HP SIM service is correctly installed, restart HP SIM then run mxinitconfig again.

I have downloaded HP SIM from the link specified in the above. And installed it by simply running the bin file as:

./hpsim.bin

I am getting errors when i run the mxinitconfig command.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with HP SIM installation on RHEL 6.1 on DL380 G7 server

On RHEL, the hostname is specified in /etc/sysconfig/network file.

It should also be in /etc/hosts: if you are using DHCP, it should be associated with a loopback IP address (127.*.*.*), but if you have a static IP address, you should also have a line in /etc/hosts that links the IP address of the host to the hostname (preferably in both fully-qualified and short forms).

So, if your server has IP address 192.168.1.2 and has a name proliantserver.company.example, then your /etc/hosts should include a line like this:

192.168.1.2 proliantserver.company.example proliantserver

This allows the server to resolve its own IP address to hostname and vice versa, even if you are not using DNS or your DNS server is not useable for some reason.

MK
riva_gupta
Advisor

Re: Issue with HP SIM installation on RHEL 6.1 on DL380 G7 server

Hi Matti_Kurkela, thanku I have resolved the hostname error, but when i use the /optmx/bin/mxinitconfig -a command I am still getting the same error as:

Failed.

Completed with error.

Details can be found in the log files at: /var/opt/mx/logs

Configuartion failed to complete due to the following error exception: Cannot start HP System Insight Manager Service.

Possible Cause: HP System Insight Manager service is not installed properly.

Resolution: Make sure HP SIM service is correctly installed, restart HP SIM then run mxinitconfig again.

I have used the mxstart command and then mxinitconfig, but again same error.