108804 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Migration HP SIM 5.3 on x86 server to HPSIM 6.0 on x64 server

SIT
Regular Advisor

Migration HP SIM 5.3 on x86 server to HPSIM 6.0 on x64 server

Hi

I've the following architecture :
> Windows 2003 Std x86 Sp2 with HPSIM 5.3.
The Database is stored on a SQLW2008x64.

It seems that hp SIM 6.0 is now fully supported on x64 server ... So i want to install the new HP6.0 on a W2008x64 server but i want to be sure about the steps.
For me, i've just have to install HPSIM6.0 on a new x64 server connecting to the existing SQL Database and all the settings/server/customization will be kept ...

Am i right or it'a a little more complicated ?

Thx
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Migration HP SIM 5.3 on x86 server to HPSIM 6.0 on x64 server

It's a little more complicated, because HP SIM 6 has made some changes to database tables, so the existing DB you have won't be in the correct format for HP SIM 6. There is a migration utility designed to do this for you, but the documentation hasn't been released yet.
SIT
Regular Advisor

OK, thanks

Do you know when this documentation will be available ... ?
SIT
Regular Advisor

Hi

I think i'm going to install HP SIM6.0 on a new X64 W2008 Server connecting to the existing SQL remote Database

Regarding to the manual, it seems not to be complicate after to migrate Datas and you can use the tool mxexport to migrate a HP SIM on a 32-bit operating system to a HP SIM 6.0 installation running on a 64-bit.

There is just Post migration steps : HP recommends running the configure and repair agent settings on the target CMS against the discovered systems

Is someone have play with the new 6.0, is it stable and offer some real new things ?

Thx