6056 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Monitor ESXi 5 Servers with HP SIM 7

FranKtheTanK
Visitor

Monitor ESXi 5 Servers with HP SIM 7

Hello,

I want to monitor HP servers with ESXi 5 with HP SIM 7.  I have installed the offline bundle on the ESXi 5 boxes and discovered them in HP SIM.

I found that there are a lot of softwares that can handle that but I don't know which one to use : HP SIM, Insight Control, Insight Management, etc

All I want to do is to monitor the servers about memory, CPU, temperature, fan, power, etc. issues and get email messages when something happens.  I would also like to be able to manage hardware directly in vCenter server.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
RPMCanesandPats
Occasional Advisor

If you install the HP branded ESXi, aren't the management utilities already included?

FranKtheTanK
Visitor

Hello,

We bought our licenses directly from VMware, so I don't have the HP branded ESXi.

Thank you.

simat
Occasional Advisor

Hi Frank.

I would say it's quite simple, if you already have installed the offline management bundle and discovered in SIM, your up and running and monitoring your server - if the health status is green and good.

If you want to be alerted by email you have to configure an automatic event handling task - but I hope you know how to do that, that's pretty fundamental SIM knowledge.

Best regards

Simon.

RPMCanesandPats
Occasional Advisor

I'm having a similar issue where I have 5 ESXi 5 hosts, have them licensed, discovered, but I can't register them with the VMM module.  It says they are offline but I can ping the hosts.  HP SIM is talking to them but can't pull power & performance data.