1753797 Members
8151 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Not able to open up the hpsim portal/ home page

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

Not able to open up the hpsim portal/ home page

So it looks like my sim server is working because i'm getting alerts but i'm not able open the home page either remotely or from the server. When i type in the link https://servername:50000/mxportal/home  it shows me the pundulum clock and keeps going. I am seeing a ton of erros in my event log that starts at 12:00am. Is there any event kicking in at 12:00am  There are the application event logs.

Event id 3

mxdomainmgr(error): Received an remote exception doing lookup to RMI registry.

followed by

Event 1000

Faulting application name: mxinventory.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4cb5feec

Faulting module name: mxinventory.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4cb5feec

Exception code: 0xc0000417

Fault offset: 0x00000000000144f8

Faulting process id: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd0ca0624ef3d0

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\lbin\mxinventory.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\lbin\mxinventory.exe

Report Id: a051300b-7893-11e1-91d3-d48564563558

Does anyone have any ideas.

1 REPLY 1
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Re: Not able to open up the hpsim portal/ home page

How large is your discovery? There is a data collection that I think kicks off at 1200am and if your discovery is large other tasks can pile on and create problems.

Do you have large numbers (thousands) of uncleared events? Try clearing them. Large numbers of events when launching can cause a very similar situation that I have encountered in large environments because of the js calls on page load or refresh that have hung the service.

Have bounced the server?

Try another supported browser - seems silly I know, I had IE quit on my and had to switch to FF - still haven't figured out what happened to it but I couldn't get SIM to launch.

Have you tried changing context ie remote browser to the local browser? This was related to the previous statement where I switch to FF and it worked. I found out IE worked remotely even though it quit working locally on the CMS. After a reboot then local browser worked again. I have gotten to where I am always suspicious of IE these days and 9 is unsupported in pre-7.0

Outside of that you may have to look at a support call to dig into it.