108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Restarting MxDTF every 20 seconds

Gabryjanczyk
Occasional Contributor

Restarting MxDTF every 20 seconds

Hi to all,

Setup: Windows 2008 R2 (x64) on ML 360 G6

Event log shows MxDTF restarting every 20 seconds.

OpenSSH does work (I hope). I can logon using putty.

Directory permissions for the config\certstor seems to be correct.

2 services: HP SIM & OpenSSH are started with \Administrator credentials

Additionally I can not start for example "mxpassword". I get the following error massage:

An error occurred trying to execute the command.
Could not access lib directory. You must be a member of the administrators group
to run this command.

Of course I am logged as domain admin :)

Any hints ? I can supply with additional logs if necessary.

Greetings
Mikolaj
5 REPLIES 5
danobi
Frequent Advisor

Re: Restarting MxDTF every 20 seconds

Hi Mikolaj,

I have experienced the same errors for months.
I set up a test system, it worked, no errors. I made it productive and the MxDTF started to fail.
It took me several hours of troubleshooting and retracing my steps until I figured it out: something in the subnet killed the MxDTF.

I changed the IP band and since then it is just working fine.

Hope this helps.

Daniela
Gabryjanczyk
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniela,

What do You mean "chaning IP band" ?

Is this also a solution for non-starting mxpassword ?

Greetings
Mikolaj
danobi
Frequent Advisor

Suppose I had the IP 10.199.1.1. with subnet 255.255.255.0. I changed it to 10.199.5.1.

I came to this because my test server was always running in a test subnet. As soon as I put it into the productive rack it started throwing errors again. Namechange did not have any effect. Changing IP did. There had to be something in this net that broadcasted a signal that made HPSIM crash.

Concerning the mxpassword issue:
As far as I remember, no commands worked, they always came up with this "no permission" error. And I had a lot more errors, like a memory leak and HPSIM permanently shutting down.

No matter, after I changed the subnet and rebuild the database no such errors ever have occured so far.

Gabryjanczyk
Occasional Contributor

Changing IP band is not an option for me while I would have to change many static IP addresses in my network.

Additionally, I can run mxpassword -g on other server in my network without any problems (based on W2003).

Looking forward for any other hints :)

Mikolaj
Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

I am having the same issue, MXDTF is restarting all the time followed by an event log error

mxdtf(error): Received a remote exception while binding to the RMI registry.

At this point I can no longer launch the hpsim application even though it is working in the background since i'm getting alerts. The only way for me t launch the application would be to restart my sim server. Any insight to this solution would be appreciated.

Is the mxdtf even needed ? What does it do ?