1751702 Members
4795 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM5.3 and discovery of EVA's

DCC_SAN
Occasional Advisor

SIM5.3 and discovery of EVA's

We have a SIM5.3 server and a seperate CommandView 8.0 server managing an EVA8000 & EVA4400. Neither EVA is discovered during autodiscovery, even though the commandview server is discovered.
Can anyone detail the easiest way to get the EVA's discovered. I find myself getting lost in a sea of HP pdf's.
We do not currently have any WBEM accounts setup, assuming that SNMP would be enough.
3 REPLIES 3
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

To communicate with Command View EVA ELMC_WCCProxy and the MC3 kit has to be installed on the SMS, which is to be found on the CMS in ../HP/Installers. The SMI-S services of CV must also be active.
SNMP is being used to communicate with the Insigth Agent (SMH).
Selecting your SMS in SIM, then running "Identify Systems..." should make the EVAs appear in SIM.

Regards, Werner
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

If nothing else search this forum as this and similar has been asked before.

HPSIM discovers the EVA via the CommandView Server.
For the CV Server in HPSIM enter some wbem credentials that have access to the Local Storage Admins Group.

Also, google wbemdisco as it'll help discover the EVA and point to other threads here.
DCC_SAN
Occasional Advisor

Thanks both;

The EVA's have now been discovered. The key for me was to add a 'Sign-In Credential' in SIM, and make the account a member of the HP Storage Admins Read Only group.