5004 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: System Discovery in HP Insight Manager

Raji1
Occasional Contributor

System Discovery in HP Insight Manager

Hi,

HP Insight Systems Manager 7.6.0 windows is installed and it has discovered all the servers in the infrastructure except for 2 servers. When discovery is run pointing to the servers IP it resolves to DNS name and discovery completes successfully, but does not show up in the HP Insight Manager. These server's ILO has been discovered and are showing up.

Checked the Hosts file and I see an entry for these 2 servers. Any way to add these 2 servers to Manager to get alerts?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Hi Raji,

Good Day.  It may be possible that there is duplicate entry of the server which might have not associated with iLO.

In SIM search box, search with server serial number, FQDN and IP, if more that one entry for the server are found, those might cause issue.

Delete all the entries including iLO for these devices and rediscover. If issue persists post this then would request you to log a support ticket with us.

Regards,

Bunsol.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Raji1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bunsol,

Thank you. Yes i deleted all the entries for the server and re-discovered it and that resolved the issue.

I have one more question. I get alerts for all servers when they were resatrted, except for 2 servers. The 2 servers has multiple IPs and all IPs are discovered for the server. The server IP is set as preferred IP.

Global Protocol settings set are:

Ping default timeout : 2 seconds

Default retries : 10

Anything I need to check on Insight Manager settings or on the server. WBEM is the source on the servers.