Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752591 Members
3183 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Systems not showing warranty or contract info

nusolmc03

Systems not showing warranty or contract info

Anyone have any tips for managing systems in SIM not showing warranty or contract info? I've got an issue where a large percentage of systems in Remedy don't show warranty or contract info. So in troubleshooting I see the same thing in HP SIM. Further troubleshooting reveals that a lot of these systems are missing agents. So I have requests in place to reisntall the latest PSP. My question is whether this is enough and if there's another solution that addresses this.

Any responses apprecitated.
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

HPSIM needs to be able to get the serial number and part number in order to verify the contract details. There are options in HPSIM to manually populate these.
You can then run the CW process.
You don't need the agents for this, it's also the way you can add switches etc. where you cannot install agents.
SNMP is sometimes enough to get the data.
Matt Sebel
Advisor

I am also having the same issue. My SIM server has open access to the Internet with a web proxy server that requires no authentication. I have put in the proxy config info using the "configureProxy -H" and have made sure that the servers have the serial no, product no, and location set. I'm still getting the same error as the original poster is getting. Any ideas? Is there any way to test to make sure that HP's stuff is available?