New Discussion юеВ

Re: unable to log into HP systems insight manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael1
Advisor

unable to log into HP systems insight manager

Hi,

I just attempted to launch the HP Insight Manager on my PC. I installed it on 29 July 2009 and used it for the next few days. Now I'm asked for a username and password when directed to https://localhost:50000/ from http://localhost:280/ I don't remember doing that back then. No username and passwords work for me in that I always receive a message in red saying 'ERROR: Username and password do not match'. I pressed the ? box slightly to the right of the User Name: box and see that it says:
"Sign In Help
Note: This version of the HP System Management Homepage uses host operating system authentication."
I tried the PC username and password that I use to log onto the network here but that doesn't work too.

Is there a solution to be able to use the Systems Insight Manager without having to reinstall the whole package?
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

When you install HP SIM it adds the username you installed it under to those allowed to access it.
From there it typically uses domain authentication.
If you checked the HP Systems Insight Manager Service and looked at what account the service is running under will let you know what account was set up automatically.
If you've used an account where the password changes a lot, you will need to follow some other steps as HP SIM may now have issues connecting to its database.

HP SIM always goes to https. It should authenticate against whatever was there when you installed it (AD maybe).
Michael1
Advisor

"If you checked the HP Systems Insight Manager Service and looked at what account the service is running under will let you know what account was set up automatically."

Thanks for the reply. How do I do this? It would be great if I could. I feel if I know the account then at least the password would probably one of a number of passwords I used in the past. How do I examine the HP Systems Insight Manager Service if I am unable to log onto the Systems Insight Manger? Are they different? Is there a way to find the account via digging through Window Explorer? I suspect the inital account was possibly Administrator but any passwords that I can think of have failed.

At any rate how can I examine the Systems Insight Manager Service?

-Michael
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

[Start] --> Administration Tools --> Services
Michael1
Advisor

Thanks David. It worked a dream. I went
[Start]-> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, right clicked HP Systems Insight Manager and chose Properties. In the Log On tab I saw my account name had the domain in front of it i.e xxxx\my_id where my_id is the account I use to log myself onto the network here when I power it up. On typing this xxxx\my_id into the webpage with my password all was then OK.

Thanks again to you both.
-Michael
M.Hamster

Hello!

I've got similiar problem.

I can't logon. Same error while trying to use windows credentials (machine does not belong to AD).

HP Management Service is starting under "Local System" account.

Is there any way to logon?

Thanks.
Bob Walker FJ
Occasional Visitor

Similar problem. Updated to V3 of the homepage on W2003 server. Using the local server admin or a domain admin account will not log onto the homepage. Removal and reinstall (cp010495.exe) does not fix. What next?