108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCA agent 2.2.0.820 -> no checkboxes for multiple install

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Re: VCA agent 2.2.0.820 -> no checkboxes for multiple install

Just a detail, but I'm having the same issue on several machines as well, and was going to test this setting.

However one of the servers where the checkboxes are missing is the actual SIM/VCRM server itself, and I was just wondering whether replacing the file would affect any SIM/VCRM functionality or if it could still be replaced on that server, if anyone knows of it ?
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Mikael R├Г┬╢nnb├Г┬дck,

i think you can replace vca files even in a HPSIM/VCRM system without any problem.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Well, there's nothing like testing... :)

And it seems to work so and so, meaning I now have checkboxes, which is great, but I also have timeuots when accessing the SMH and it fails to load/show the VCA part of the SMH. So now I just have to schedule a restart to see whether this was some temporary glitch or permanent. Which is not so great.

On the other hand, I suddenly also have "expandable" disk firmware statuses in VCA, meaning that before all drives were listed with drive and firmware, which could be quite many disks on large systems, now they are grouped into drives of different types, and expandable with a "+" sign if you want to see details per drive in a group. Which could be useful, maybe, but at least not bad.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Ok, it seems the timeouts are a temporary glitch of some kind. After a reboot the server behaves normally for both SMH, VCA, VCRM and SIM with all the new functionality in place.

Thanks for the advice!
Shane V
Advisor

Thanks, i had the same problem on 5 out of 10 servers, replacing the folder worked for me too :)
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

This worked for me too! Does anyone know why the Drive Firmware doesn't show up under the Installed Firmware?

I have to click "Show additional items available in the repository" to install any of the drive firmware.