4936 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Version Control Repository Manager 7.2.2 eats up all memory

JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

Re: Version Control Repository Manager 7.2.2 eats up all memory

Andrew,

I used admin user for the service in a try to get repository properly appear in SIM CMS, without success. But I get the problem with memory with other users for the service.

Thanks,

Javier

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Do you still have updates enabled for download? I've disabled the update feature and uploaded fhe SPPS by hand. So all options are disabled and SPPS are unpacked in the directory in VCRM directory.

Kind regards,

Andrew
JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

Andrew,

Thanks for your answer I'll try to disable the automatic update feature, although is difficult now because VCRM never finishes checking the catalog before eating up all memory, so the repository is not available anymore when this happend, but I'll try it anyway.

Thanks a lot,

Javier

JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

Andrew,

Even though I've disabled automatic updates and deleted every file in repository, it is reconstructing itself, probably downloading again from HP. Do you know why is doing this?

Thank you,

Javier

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

i've disabled all options from the point that the VCRM was installed. You could reinstall the software from scratch. I 'll look at my config to see if i can disable the download option after install. Will get back to you tommorow.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If i open the Version Control Repository and click on the change repository & Update settings I can change the following.

Directory

Download HP Proliant and HP Integrity Support Packs for Operating System, here you can clear all Operating Systems.

Automatic Update Settings, here you can disable the whole update mechanism. I always download my SPP's by hand unpack them and put then in the repository in their own folders. That gives some errors in the logfiles because of the double files but that keeps it clean.

Kind regards,

Andrew
JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Andrew,

@Andrew_Haak wrote:

If i open the Version Control Repository and click on the change repository & Update settings I can change the following.

Directory

Download HP Proliant and HP Integrity Support Packs for Operating System, here you can clear all Operating Systems.

Automatic Update Settings, here you can disable the whole update mechanism. I always download my SPP's by hand unpack them and put then in the repository in their own folders. That gives some errors in the logfiles because of the double files but that keeps it clean.

I'll try to do that.

Kind Regards,

Javier

JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

Andrew
Unfortunatly after doing what you recommended:
1- empty Repository
2- Installing from scratch
3- disabling automatic updates
4- Instaling each SPP and SSP in individually folders
I've got again the eating up memory problem when you let VCRM running for enough time, the bigger numer of SPP's and SSP's the lesser the time to eat up the whole memory.
I bealive that VCRM has a bug.
Thanks a lot,
Javier

@JAVIER DEL PINO wrote:

Thanks Andrew,

@Andrew_Haak wrote:

Directory

I'll try to do that.

Kind Regards,

Javier

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Don't forget to reboot after filling the VCRM ! I found that if i don't reboot after a index of a SPP the memory is eaten up.

Kind regards,

Andrew
JAVIER DEL PINO
Occasional Advisor

Hello Andrew,

Unfortunatly is not so simple.

I've reboot many times.

Thanks a lot anyway,

Javier

@Andrew_Haak wrote:

Hello again,

Don't forget to reboot after filling the VCRM ! I found that if i don't reboot after a index of a SPP the memory is eaten up.