6042 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

WBEM Health Inclusion Status in HP SIM 7.3

Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

WBEM Health Inclusion Status in HP SIM 7.3

Hi,

As you all may know HP SIM has a handy WBEM Health Inclusion status option in Tools and Links Tab. I had this link on all of my monitored ESXi servers as I excluded not connected nics through there. But now several ESXi servers simply do not show this link:( What could cause this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: WBEM Health Inclusion Status in HP SIM 7.3

If you delete such a server and discover it again, does it show it's an ESX / Hypervisor server? If it does'nt the agrnt on the ESX server might need a restart. Or if you did'nt use root for the discovery does the discovery user still have root rights?

are the credentials in place if you readd the server?

Kind regards,

Andrew
Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,

I've tried to delete one host with its management processor and discover it again - nothing has changed. This host was freshly installed ESXi (HP customized image). But I've found one interesting thing:)

If I select Quick Launch -- Manage Communications, select this server and press update button - "WBEM Health Inclusion Status" link shows up after some time:) BUT...

If I select this server's management processor and press on "Identify Systems" link - when task finishes "WBEM Health Inclusion Status" link disappears again:) I don't know what to think:)

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Could be a timeout problem, you could try to set the timeout for discovery to a higher number.

Does the identify log show any problem? Also run a data collection to see if there is an error.

Kind regards,

Andrew