1748177 Members
4279 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

WBEM - health status RED - no events ? Win2008

shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: WBEM - health status RED - no events ? Win2008

You don't need the SMH for anything other than displaying all information collected by the providers. It's the providers that talk to the hardware and write events to the event logs as well as detecting faults etc.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
budykiller03
Advisor

Thank you for this clarification.

I still can't get it working.

- I can access root/HPQ namespace from other computers (with the admin account). I still dunno why i can't receive any event nor subscribe to them.

- I've just installed version 6.3 instead of 6.2, nothing changed.

- check logs : nothing special

- ran again Wireshark : i can see transactions going between both servers.

About packets : the only difference between the target i can subscribe to WBEM event, and the other one that don't work is :

- after Kerberos exchange, with RPC calls, the working target has multiple "IWbemCallStatus v0", rather the failing target has multiple "IWbemWCOSmartEnum v0"

[EDIT]

HPWmiSys.DLL!CHPIMLAccess::RebuildList| GetApplianceData(): .ini file does not exist at the expected location

Regarding the above error, would someone be kind and check for any ".ini" files in his "HPWBEM" directory ? (on a windows target machine, with WBEM providers installed). I've checked mine, i don't have any INI file.

Thanks.

shocko
Honored Contributor

The account used to create the subscription must be an admin on the target server. Kerberos is used so make sure the times are in sync with the CMS. Use the mxwbemsub command to see if subscriptions are in place.

budykiller03
Advisor

mxwbemsub in the only tool i use because through the CMS it never works.

Otherwise :

- mxwbemsub -l -n tlss002 returns "subscription OK"

- mxwbemsub -l -n tlss001 returns "no match found"

- mxwbemsub -a -n tlss001 returns :

192.168.0.1 FAILED to create indication subscription.

Cause: Unable to create a socket connection on the managed system

Recommended Action: Managed system must be listening on socket 5989 (WBEM) or 2381 (System Management Homepage).  If the managed system is running Windows, then ensure System Management Homepage is running.  Otherwise ensure WBEM is accessible.

- no active firewall, and  a sniffer sees traffic between both machines.

shocko
Honored Contributor

The CMS should just be calling this executable so ensure that the permissions on the directory it resides in have not been changed and the account the SIM service is running under has full access to it. On the system where the subscription creation failed run this and post the output:

• netstat -anob

We need to see what's listening on that port. Also, double check that webem is listed as a detected protocol for that system in SIM and that admin credentials are listed in the credentials list for that system.

budykiller03
Advisor

1) CMS rights

i'm using the global admin username to be sure it has all the rights (CMS Sign-IN + WMI/WBEM credentials, etc).

Like i said a few post above, credentials are working fine, because i got Health Status from my server and i can see "WBEM" in the property of the target, in the "protocol" line. (it even added HTTPS & SMH when i installed it yesterday).

i've also modified a month ago all the NTFS security to the BIN directory of HP SIM as soon as i got errors from the CMS when lunching subscription, and not from the command-line. It doesn't change anything however.

2) netstat command

See private message. If someone else would like to help me, i can give you the link.

Thanks

ICS
Frequent Advisor

My understanding is the ESXi 5 offline bundle for Windows 6.3 is no longer supported.  sucks you have to upgrade to SIM 7.1

budykiller03
Advisor

ESXi is fully functionnal. All hosts using ESX are monitored perfectly.

Only real MS hosts are buggy.

Anyway... i upgraded to HP SIM 7.1. Nothing changed. Same errors.

Can't create subscription for 192.168.0.1

No events received from 192.168.0.2 despite subscription...

SNMP doesn't work too. No versions of installer are compatible.

I've done all i could by my own and the help of a few (thanks shoko especially).

I'm really mad against HP