Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1754016 Members
7601 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: weird problem after client server rebuild, sim doesn't report alerts...

Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

weird problem after client server rebuild, sim doesn't report alerts...

So I had a 2008 server that was correctly sending alerts. I reimaged the server using our standard procedure built using the PSP 8.25cd, set our SNMP traps, turned off the windows firewall, etc. when I send a test trap from the HP Software on the server itself, i get the generic test trap on HP SIM. If I reboot that server, I get no notifications in HP Sim other than a ton of Link Up notifications.
I've tried deleting and readding the server from HP SIM as well. I've also tried updating the HP software using 8.30 PSP cd.
I don't get any system unreachable notifications or anything. This is very odd and I don't know what is going on.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

System unreachable is not from an SNMP trap it's triggered by the Hardware Polling task.
If the server reboots in between HW polling tasks it will not be caught. You can reduce the interval the HW polling task runs.
Rakesh Borhara
Advisor

Im not getting any alerts on a DL360 g5 PSP 8.20 and Firmware CD 8.40
All im doing to test it at the moment is powering the server off.

Other servers not of the G5 range or 8.20 PSP and 8.40 Firmware are alerting fine.

Im sure its something to do the PSP / Firmware or ILO2 and im the process of narrowing it down
Rakesh Borhara
Advisor

Ive narrowed my Server issue down I think its NLB (Network load balancing)

When its in effect Insight manager doesnt really work well.

Dont suppsoe your server is using NLB
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I deleted the server from SIM and waited about 30 minutes before adding it again. It seems to be working now.
My hardware polling is at 2min.