Servers - General
1753270 Members
5198 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Avocent 520-255-508 KVM cable

Brian Southern

Avocent 520-255-508 KVM cable

I appear to have having a compatibility issue with newly purchased Avocent KVM cables. When I use these cables to connect any of our servers to either KVM switch (either TFT5600 RKM or TFT7600) the KVM does not register that the server is connected.

I currently have two different types of KVM cables. One from HP (PN: 520-290-506) and another type from Avocent (PN: 520-255-508).

If I use the HP cables, the servers are accessible via whichever of the above KVM switch it's connected to. If I attempt to use the Avocent cables, the KVM switches do not see the servers.

Is this a known issue with these types of Avocent cables (not compatible with HP KVM switches)?

P.S This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers - Netservers to Servers > general - HP Forums moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Trusted Contributor

Brain

There is no such issues!

The one you own as new Avocent Module is not brand new its actually a refurbished part.

Hum, passed the Avocent quality test by luck.

Try to get a new one from HP store.
Brian Southern

I have tried multiple adapters with the exact same model number (Avocent PN: 520-255-508) and none of them work.

Is there an HP Support Pack update that needs to be installed for these adapters?
ricom

We're experiencing the same issue when using an Avocent KVM with OEM cables / connected to HP ProLiant DL385 servers.  An error blinks on the KVM's screen indicating no cables connected along with a continual beeping sound coming from the Avocent Device:

Please advise.

anthony11
Regular Advisor

For the rare situations where remote KVM is needed, why not just use iLO?

iseric
Occasional Visitor

Dear I have a similar issue but the KVM cable 520-422-501 and we replace the old KVM switch avocent by the new HPE G3 KVM switch but I can't see any server connected in the new KVM switch

anthony11
Regular Advisor

Why on earth are you using KVM switches instead of iLO?
iseric
Occasional Visitor

we are using the KVM switch as the client has old network and he asked us to replace the faulty kvm switch which was avoscent and we repalce with HP 0x2x8 G3 KVM Console Switch - Part Number AF651A and we are trying to fix the issue of why the servers not detedcted in this kvm switch