Servers - General
1748073 Members
5266 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq KVM Keyboard repeat stuck?

David Whalen

Compaq KVM Keyboard repeat stuck?

I have an older Compaq 4-port KVM (model number 4115, part number 242696-001). I'm experiencing an odd problem where I will suddenly experience multiple occurrences of a key being pressed. This problem gets particularly annoying when I'm using my arrow keys to scroll up and down a document.

For example, while using the up arrow, I may suddenly see 88 appear on the page. Likewise I would see 22 with the down arrow. The problem is not limited to the arrow keys, however. It seems that any key can suddenly get stuck.

I'm searching for any firmware upgrades I can do for this unit. Unfortunately, the box does not have a standard DIN-9 serial port, but rather some weird RJ-11 port on the back of it. So, I don't really know how to even begin to address upgrading the box.

Has anyone had experience with this or has seen this "sticky keys" problem? I'd be grateful for the help.

Cheers!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers > Appliance Servers to Servers > general - HP Forums Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
George_173

Re: Compaq KVM Keyboard repeat stuck?

Dave , I see you have/had a 4115 KVM switch.
I have just been given one, my question is how do you get into it too configure?/,,

Any pointer's will help.
Thanks
George.//
CA1214333

Re: Compaq KVM Keyboard repeat stuck?

David,
It sounds like the NumLock key is giving you trouble. Is the keyboard OK?

George,
Try this PDF file for your answers to the config problem.

Take Care,
Roger.