Servers - General
1748151 Members
3470 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connect-HPEBIOS : Failed for <IP_ADRESS>: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad R

SOLVED
Go to solution
Moyotov
Occasional Collector

Connect-HPEBIOS : Failed for <IP_ADRESS>: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Hi All,

I have just install the powershell module HPEBIOSCmdlets version 2.1.0.1, When running command Connect-HPEBIOS I get the error "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request", I have tried with several different
servers HP ProLiant BL460c Gen9, firmware version 2.61 and I am getting the same problem for all. I have checked all the prerequisites and all are met.

I am running out of ideas, could anyone help me out?

Connect-HPEBIOS -IP 10.26.203.8 -Username "herbalifecorp\moiseses-a" -Password "MySecretPass" -DisableCertificateAuthentication -verbose
VERBOSE: Performing the operation "Connect-HPEBIOS" on target "IP: 10.26.203.8".
VERBOSE: [Connect-HPEBIOS] Executing the cmdlets with 1 task serially.
VERBOSE: 10.26.203.8 : Checking whether the input target IP or Hostname is iLO or Windows server IP.
VERBOSE: 10.26.203.8 : Creating REST connection for target IP.
WARNING: 10.26.203.8: The host name could not be resolved in DNS.
Connect-HPEBIOS : Failed for 10.26.203.8: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
At line:1 char:1
+ Connect-HPEBIOS -IP 10.26.203.8 -Username "herbalifecorp\moiseses-a" ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ConnectionError: (:) [Connect-HPEBIOS], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HPE.BIOS.Cmdlet.ConnectHPEBIOS

6 REPLIES 6
B_Rajesh
Frequent Advisor

Re: Connect-HPEBIOS : Failed for <IP_ADRESS>: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad R

Thank you posting the issue.

It looks like the BIOS REST API is not installed properly. To confirm can you please try to access "https://<iLO_IP_ADDRESS>/rest/v1/systems/1/bios" url using any REST clients such postman, restlet clients.

Regards
Rajesh Balakrishnan
I am a HPE Employee
B_Rajesh
Frequent Advisor

Any updates on this???

Regards
Rajesh Balakrishnan
I am a HPE Employee
Moyotov
Occasional Collector
Solution

Hi B_Rajesh,

Sorry for the late reply, indeed the problem was a bit silly, I was pointing to the management IP address instead to the ILO IP address.

Connect-HPEiLO $ILOIP -Credential $Cred -DisableCertificateAuthentication

Now using ILO adrress works as champ!

B_Rajesh
Frequent Advisor

Thank you

Happy scripting:)

Regards
Rajesh Balakrishnan
I am a HPE Employee
ITmika
Occasional Contributor

@Moyotov  @B_Rajesh 

I had the same problem (hp ilo http error the remote server returned an error (400) bad request) connecting to iLO5 and all work fine when I installed HPE iLO Integrated Remote Console ver 1.3.3.

Happy iLOwing

Hema_H
HPE Pro

Hi,

Are you still getting an error while connecting to iLO5 using the Connect-HPEBIOS cmdlet or is the issue resolved?

If the issue still persist then could you please enable logging using Enable-HPEBIOSLog and share the log file.

Regards,

Hema

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo