4585 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Correct serial cable and management software for T750 G2

JamesHPE
Occasional Visitor

Correct serial cable and management software for T750 G2

Hi everyone.

I have an old T750 G2 UPS and would like to update the firmware from 1.04 to the latest which seems to be 1.08 to see if it resolve some issues I seem to be having about the reported voltages. I have 2 questions that I would appreciate some help with:

1.  It seems the G2 can only be updated by serial connection using the FlashGp32.exe tool and the firmware file. Is this correct and if it is, what cable so I need - straight through or crossover / null modem?

2. What is the correct UPS management sofware and the latest version of it for the T750 G2? I think it is HPE Power Protector version 1.06 as I don't think that version 2.02 works with the G2 model.

2 REPLIES 2
vivek_em
Frequent Visitor

Re: Correct serial cable and management software for T750 G2

The UPS is equipped with a USB port and a serial port. Either the USB port or the serial port may be used to monitor the UPS; however, they cannot operate simultaneously.

For firmware upgrade, connect your computer to the UPS serial port using the supplied communication cable (straight through serial signal cable).

Please refer HP T750 G2, HP T750J, HP T1000 G3, HP T1000J, HP T1500 G3, and HP T1500J UPS Models User Guide (page number 15) for more information about Serial Port Pin Assignment for serial cable.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01609191&withFrame

The latest HPEPP version is not supported on HPE T750 G2 UPS and the last supported HPEPP version  on T750 G2 UPS was v1.06.069.

JamesHPE
Occasional Visitor

Re: Correct serial cable and management software for T750 G2

Thanks for the advice. I will have to get a straight-through serial cable as the only one I could find was a crossover / null modem cable.

I already have the correct version of HPEPP already installed and have had it connected via USB for some time. However I have a major issue with in that it claims to be monitoring the UPS - including updating the real-time graphs even when the USB cable is disconnected! Also the warnings in the pop-up monitoring window doesn't accurately pick up when the USB cable is connected and disonnected, which I suspect is caused by the same issue.