1753430 Members
4741 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Power Manager Global Password Change

Mike Pentz
Occasional Contributor

HP Power Manager Global Password Change

I am looking in to changing the Power Manager Password. I have attempted to use CPQLOCFG with and without the 15551 port and the server name and/or IP Address without any success. I am receiving SSL Error Program Terminated, when i connect to the server. I am not changing any settings other than the IP and/or adding the port, that I successfully use when changing the RiLo password.

Can CPQLOCFG even be used to globally change Power Manager Passwords? Even though the software is on the server, should I be using the UPS Name/IP Address? Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Mike,

I assume that you are using HP Power Manager 3.x software. To change the password, you just need to browse into the server where HPPM is running or double-click on the battery tray icon (if Windows) on the local machine where HPPM is installed and running. Once you login (default login/pw is admin/admin), select Setup tab and click on User Account to change any password.

Thanks,
Steve
Mike Pentz
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Steve.

I am aware of how to individually change the passwords, however, I am looking at trying to globally change approximately 250 servers.
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Mike,

Currently, the only way to do so is to replicate the same DevManBE.ini file from the HPPM program folder to all your HPPM servers. This would also replicate other settings (eg. power fails) as well

Thanks,
Steve
John_430

Hi,

Is there anyway to reset the password without knowing what the original is?

John
Mike Pentz
Occasional Contributor

John,

The default username/password combo is admin/admin all lowercase.
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

John,

To reset the current password to default without having to reinstall the HPPM software, you will need to hack the application profile DevManBE.ini and change the password section to default admin/admin:

[Users]
User_0=admin

[User_admin]
Password=T4vup76t
Admin=1

Please be careful when making changes to this file since it could corrupt other settings and may cause unexpected application behaviors.

Thanks,
Steve
John_430

that worked a treat!

thanks
Delian

You are great!