1752815 Members
6335 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Ups not connecting with HP Power manager 4.0

Mohammad Zhaim_1
Occasional Contributor

HP Ups not connecting with HP Power manager 4.0

hi i have installed hp power manager on an hp dl 380 g4 server to manage an hp Ups r5500 the problem that i am facing is that the ups appeared in the device manager when i installed the driver but when i installed the hp power manager 4.0 the ps doesnot appear under the device manager any more. I have tried this on four different server on three of the four the hp power manager failed to connect to find the ups . On the fourth server the power manager was able to connect to the ups but when i restarted the server the connection between the ups and the power manager was lost. I have tried reconnecting by uninstallling and reinstalling the power manager but nothing is working.

can any one help me reslove this problem

please note that i am connecting the ups to the server using a serial cable that came with the ups and all servers have windows 2003 installed with sp2

any help is greatly appreciated
1 REPLY 1
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Ups not connecting with HP Power manager 4.0

HP Power Manager (HPPM) has the latest release v4.2. You can download at http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/platforms/rackandpower.html
-If you have a problem with Device Manager doesn't see your UPS then re-install PnP driver, point it to the file "hpups.inf" found in C:\Program Files\HP\HP Power Manager folder or see the revised attached file.
powerCycle your server and lost the connection is another problem. You need to investigate to see if there is a conflicting on using COM1 of your server? HPPM doesn't relied on whether Windows OS sees the UPS or not. When you run Configure the UPS it would make a connection from here.

Brian