108863 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE 42U G2 Rack Side Panel Key

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eggman_2112
Valued Contributor

HPE 42U G2 Rack Side Panel Key

Guys, We have been using the same keys for HPE racks for years.

Now we have received at least 10 HPE 42U G2 Rack with the new side panels shown in photo.

The original keys fit and lock / unlock the front and rear doors and the key will still fit the side panels but you can't lock or unlock them.

They must have a new key for the side panels. All the racks were returned to us with no keys so I have not yet seen what the side panel key looks like.

I saw in the spare parts: Part 316666-001 is no longer supplied. Please order the replacement, 432382-001. My key working for old side panels and all front rear doors has number 13112 on it.

Does anyone have a part number or picture of the new side panel key and where can I get one as the customers seem to be keeping all of them?20240312_122959_resized.jpg20240312_123044_resized.jpg20240312_123124_resized.jpg 

Thanks for your time and have a great day!
Roberto
3 REPLIES 3
shiva_jr
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 42U G2 Rack Side Panel Key

Hi @Eggman_2112 ,

Please have look at G2 advanced Rack Quickspecs, in page no. 5 mentioned as "Single key access for front doors, rear doors, and side panels". It means the key given along with the Rack kit should work for Front, Rear and Side locks. Verify the keys once. If not working, please contact HPE Support team before procuring the spare key.

Regards,
Shiva_JR
Please mark as 'Accepted solution'  and give me 'Kudos' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Eggman_2112
Valued Contributor
Solution

We received a new key 432382-001 and it seems to be working on all doors and side panels so I would assume the key we had was worn out or the new part number is cut better as it was working for the doors but not the side panels. The new key has the same number on it as the old key.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!
Roberto
Sunitha_Mod

@Eggman_2112 

Hello Roberto,

We are glad to know the problem has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo