1752282 Members
5034 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

ML350 Gen9 Memory Upgrade

Sotiris1
Occasional Visitor

ML350 Gen9 Memory Upgrade

I would like to upgrade my ML350 Gen9 in the most cheap way possible.  Given that higher capacity memory can be obtained at more reasonable prices overtime can I mix say 8GB modules with 16GB or 32GB?

if yes, do I need to install these modules in different channels?

If no, my understanding that in a single CPU configuration the best thing would be to first populate a full channel if I have 4 Dimms or should I split 2 & 2 Dimms per channel 1&2?

I know HP has tried to document in the various manuals but it's not that clear; my suggestion to any HP person reading this would be simply create a couple of pictures showing what is possible and what is not and from those that possilbe what it's the best option, second best, etc. 

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: ML350 Gen9 Memory Upgrade

Hello

I hope all is well.

I hope the below documents will help you to resolve your query.

HPE ProLiant ML350 Gen9 Server - Configuring Memory

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c05238992

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I hope, I am able to resolve your query.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

I will be happy to assist you.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sotiris1
Occasional Visitor

Actually you did not!  I had already read the information you provided before this posting and it didn't answer the question. Personally I have this case with various HP documentation.  Apparently none at HP thinks about how to most cheaply upgrade a server rather than how to upgrade a server.  In my experience dealing with small companies someone at some point sold them a big box in order to maximize their profits without considering the long term costs based on what the company was going to use the box for. 

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I shared the documents, which was tested and recommended by the HPE engineering team.

I would suggest you go to the nearest HPE otherized dealer for memory upgrading.

They will help you to upgrade your server memory.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo