5677 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Powershell | iLO5 | HPEiLOCmdlets 3.0.0.0 | Import a LDAP CA Certificate

Erik Grimsrud
Occasional Advisor

Re: Powershell | iLO5 | HPEiLOCmdlets 3.0.0.0 | Import a LDAP CA Certificate

Hello Ram,

I am running Windows 10 with the latest patches/Security updates. It comes with Windows Management Framework 5.1 already installed and .net Framework 4.6 already installed. I have updated .Net Framwork and I have installed Powershell 7. Still getting the same error.

I can run a number of other Cmdlets with no issue. I have problems with the below 3 Cmdlets running in 3.0.0.0 and 3.0.0.1 with Firmware 2.30a and 2.31 so far.

Add-HPEiLODirectoryGroup - Target URL(s) could not be found

Import-HPEiLOLDAPCACertificate - Missing CertificateType or Missing Propery Type

Update-HPEiLOFirmware - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Steve_Tippett
Frequent Advisor

Erik, you are not alone.   Those 3 cmdlets also error for me.   This is getting pretty frustrating.   Issues were reported in June and we still don't have resolution.  I asked my local HPE contact to inquire, the response I received was that the current development branch of the iLo cmdlets will fix these errors when paired with a still-to-be-released iLo 5 firmware (2.40)?    Perhaps the need to address Ripple20 vunerability delayed the progress on these bug fixes, but I'm still not happy.

Erik Grimsrud
Occasional Advisor

Well, its good to know they are working on a fix, but I really hope they get this fixed sooner rather than later. I have to configure the iLOs on 290 brand new servers that came in and doing this by hand is going to suck. Seems like everytime a new firmware version is released it fixes one CMDlet and breaks three others.