1751939 Members
5182 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rack and Power Manager Netware

Andrew Knoke_1
Advisor

Rack and Power Manager Netware

I have installed the rack and manager sofware on a Windows XP workstation and the Rack and Power agent on several netware servers. Started the necessary ncf file but still do not see my netware server agents. It utilities or way of testing or trouble shooting why the netware agents are not showing up?
12 REPLIES 12
Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,
Did you install both the SRA and the Shutdown agent? Do you see a screen that states that the server established communication and a screen title shutdown agent with no test?

Andrew Knoke_1
Advisor

I have installed just the shutdown agent. I tried to run this again and I realize now that when I run the crpmld.ncf I get an error message as follows.

CAppExeption Caught [Unknown Error

Press any key to close screen

Not sure what that means. If I close the screen and check what modules are loaded it does not list hpsysagt.nlm

Any ideas?

Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

That sounds very familiar to me but I was not able to find any documentation on it. Is the UPS serialyly attached to the UPS or do you have the SNMP card installed in the UPS? Or is the UPS serialy attached to the XP system?
What version of rack and power manager?
Andrew Knoke_1
Advisor

I am using Power Manager Ver 1.1. I have 3 servers plugged into my R3000 XR UPS. 2 are netware 6.5 servers and one is a Windows server 2003. I also have the software on my own workstation where I was hoping to administrer all of this from. I have the Serial cable plugged into the Windows 2003 Server and that one I can see fine from my workstation. I have just the shutdown agent installed on one of the Netware servers. Was trying to trouble shoot this further before putting it on other Netware servers. Hope that puts some light on the problem. Thanks. Andy
Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

OK, one more question. Are you performing a discovery for the agent or manually adding the agent? If you are discovering the agent and it is failing try manually discovering the agent. There is an issue with NetWare on the agents tab of RPM showing NW agents as not connected when they are. If this is the case I would simply test a shutdown and see if the NW server responds properly. One more thing to note is that if this is our only UPS the RPM is not really for you anyway. How many UPSs are you planning on managing in production? Power Manager 4.0 is the best solution for a small business with just a few UPSs.
Andrew Knoke_1
Advisor

I add the agent manually but it comes up with a status of a red X. I think the reason this is happening is because of the error message I am getting when I try to run the crpmld.ncf

CAppExeption Caught [Unknown Error

I am going to try and load this on different netware server and see if I get the same error. Thanks. Andy
Kirsten Voigt
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I read the thread and I only have a question to the issue discribed by Scott Robey.
Have you any news about the issue that the netware 6.5 server are shown as not connected.
I have two different installations in different networks. One says "agent connected" and the other one says "... not connected".

Thank you for help
Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

I would recommend that you just run a simple test to prove or disprove that it is actually not connected. Create an action on event to run some custom NCF and see if it works. If it does then you know that the agent is connected and will respond in an event of utility power failure.
Kirsten Voigt
Occasional Contributor

Yesterday I spent a lot of time with hprpm. My netware servers are shown as not connected and I can execute commands after a event has occured, ok.
The servers only do a shutdown with an event response (execute command: down) not within a power failure.