3742 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Serial cable on UPS T1500H

Bluesuede
Occasional Advisor

Serial cable on UPS T1500H

Hi,

I recently obtained a second hand compaq T1500H UPS but unfortunately was supplied with the incorrect serial cable for connection to my server (looks like I was given a standard RS-232). Can't seem to have any luck locating another cable so far - does anyone know the pin assignments so I could make my own? Many thanks
20 REPLIES 20
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Do you still have the UPS? I have some info...
Bluesuede
Occasional Advisor

Hi Terri,

Thanks for your response - yes I still have the UPS, and a reseller was kind enough to email me a pinout diagram to make my own cable, so I'm up and running! I appreciate you taking the time to offer some information.

I too have a UPS without a cable. If someone could post/email the pinouts I would be very happy. :)
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Attached is the reference & user guide - hope it helps!
Bluesuede
Occasional Advisor

Hi there,

For anyone wanting the pinout diagram, here it is! Good luck - works beautifully for me.
Graham Smith_3
Advisor

Can anyone confirm this will also work for the T2400. I'm 99.9% sure it will because part number required for the T2400 is also 295245.
To fix, or not to fix.......
Graham Smith_3
Advisor

Would it also be too much to ask for the similar user guide for the 2000 Series?? ;)

Cheers from Oz.
Graham Smith_3
Advisor

Built this cable and LanSafe III & LanSafe 5 now talk to the T2400h

I am concerned that the unit keeps "bucking" down to 210V when it reports only 238V input? Guess I really need that user guide to set any switches for the output voltage from 230v to 240v??
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

The T2000 series user guide is just over 1MB in size when zipped. The ITRC attachments are a maximum of 1 MB. I'd be happy to email this to anyone requesting it.

terri.harris@hp.com