Servers - General
1748136 Members
3623 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TC2120 EISA Configuration Partition of 8 MB : How to use this ?

cmtsui

TC2120 EISA Configuration Partition of 8 MB : How to use this ?

Dear All,

We are looking for ways to use the above EISA Configuration Partition in a brand new TC2120 server delivered with Small Business Server 2003 pre-installed by HP.

Just wondering is there any boot-in-diskette or any button we can press during the boot process to gain access to use any utility (if any) inside that 8 MB partition.

This EISA Configuration is situated at the beginning of the 40 GB hard disk followed by a normal NTFS partition C: in which the SBS 2003 server will boot normally.

The server is working perfect except that we are wondering why is there the necessity for this partition and are looking for ways to use it (in server hardware diagnostic etc ?)

Will appreciate if we can have any answers, since we have been searching the HP websites wtih key words such as "EISA Configuration", "tc2120", "Support + Download for tc2120" etc for several days...but still get no information on this issue.

Many thanks for any relevant answers.

CM
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello CM,
I am unable to attach the Maintenance and Operations guide for your TC2120 which will answer most of your questions. Please email me your information at sunil.jerath@hp.com and I shall try to email you the above guide.

Regards,
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello CM,
Here is the link to obtain the service and maintenance guide for your TC2120:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpn04073/lpn04073.pdf

Regards,
cmtsui

Dear Jerath,

Thank you very much for sending me the manual "TC2120 Operation and Manitenance Guide."

However, we cannot find any information related to the 8 MB EISA Configuration Partition in the document.

Please kindly advise which page/topic is related with the EISA Configuration partition so we can further proceed.

Your kind help is very mcuh appreciated.

Best regards,

Sam

Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Sam,
The best way to browse through the EISA partition is rebooting the server and during POST you are prompted to hit F10 if you miss it then you have to reboot the server. F10 will bring you in the EISA partition i.e. system partition which will enable you to accomplish as to whatever you want to.

Regards,
cmtsui

Dear Jearth,

Thanks for your email.

When we start the server tc2120, there are 4 buttons to choose from the screen which appear as :

1) Esc (means just let the server boot)

This give you a screen to see what is happening etc...

2) F8 : choose from a menu for devices to boot : CDROM, A:\, IDE1 Master/Slave drive, IDE 2 Master/Slave drive, Network cards to boot from network ...

We can successfully choose to boot from various devices, but there is no choice for booting into the EISA Configuration Partition ?

3) F10 : this is for use to enter the Award BIOS setup utility.

Also we cannot find any thing related with EISA Configuration partition from within those BIOS setup screens.

We appreciate your help very much.

Best regards,

Sam