Servers - General
1753631 Members
5731 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TC2120 Power LED flashing

Gradient

TC2120 Power LED flashing

We recently had a power outage. Now our TC2120 Server power LED flashes Amber/Green. HP support has no Idea what it can be. Does anyone know that the flashing Amber/Greeen means? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
7 REPLIES 7
KFU$KER
Frequent Advisor

Re: TC2120 Power LED flashing

Hello,

After careful review, and of your systems. It appears there may be an issue with your SCSI drives on this controller.

Here are some steps to help you rectify this:

Step 1: Verify you can see the Devices loaded in your Utility Selection

Step 2: Run the Diagnostics tool
Step 3: If there has been any new devices added to your system, remove them.

If the issue resolves then there is a conflict between the address the deivces are on, and you will need to change the address, and point set them to a new address.
Rob_167

We have the same flashing light (alternating green/amber) and our server won't boot. I can't find any reference to what the flashing lights mean.

I have completely removed the SCSI controller and disconnected all IDE devices.

The power LED on the motherboard is solid green.

At the moment we are running a bare motherboard CPU, memory and power supply, that's it and we still have the flashing light.

Even when I remove all the memory it doesn't change or beep so I think it must be motherboard/BIOS. I have removed the motherboard battery to clear the BIOS which hasn't helped.

Does anyone know what the flashing light means?
Mike-A

I had the same problem yesterday. All drives and fans were strating ok. Removed all controllers and drives and would still not start up, no beeps etc. Green LED on motherboard showing power OK.

Changed the Power Supply and all works fine. I guess the mainboard LED doesn't know what it's talking about.
Rob_167

We swapped our PSU out too in the end. Cured the problem instantly. The mobo LED is obviously a pathalogical liar.
alex_383
Advisor

I have the same situation. I have a solid green light on the motherboard but the server will not start. I removed the memory and got no beep.

I will go to purchase a power supply. My simptoms seem to be the same as yours.
alex_383
Advisor

Quick Question:
If my power supply says DC output 250W, can I put a power supply with larger DC outbout i.e. 300W etc?
Are there any other parameters to be concerned with when replacing a power supply?
I have done this many times without a hitch but was curious if I don't find the exact match what to do.
alex_383
Advisor

That did it. I replaced the power supply and it came up. I am pretty disapointed that before I looked here, HP support wanted me to replace the motherboard!!!