108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: major/minor number are not the same

SOLVED
Go to solution
KOUYATE MAURY
Frequent Advisor

major/minor number are not the same

Hi,All the packages i'm trying to configure are failling with this message:oraserv1:/opt/cmcluster/bin # cmrunpkg -n oraserv1 orapkgcmrunpkg : Script failed with no restart: orapkg should not be restarted.Check the syslog on node oraserv1 and pkg log files for more detailed information.when i check the log file this is the error message:###### Node "oraserv1": Starting package at Tue Jan 3 10:53:10 PST 2006 ######Jan 3 10:53:10 - Node "oraserv1": Starting md /dev/cciss/c1d1p1 ./opt/cmcluster/conf/orapkg/orapkg.sh: line 463: /dev/cciss/c1d1p1: Permission deniedERROR: Function activate_md; Failed to activate /dev/cciss/c1d1p1Jan 3 10:53:10 - Node "oraserv1": Deactivating md /dev/cciss/c1d1p1/opt/cmcluster/conf/orapkg/orapkg.sh: line 955: /dev/cciss/c1d1p1: Permission deniedERROR: Function deactivate_md; Failed to deactivate /dev/cciss/c1d1p1###### Node "oraserv1": Package start FAILED at Tue Jan 3 10:53:10 PST 2006 ######so while troubleshooting i notce that the minor/major number are not the same. this is the print out:oraserv1:/opt/cmcluster/bin # ls -l /dev/vgoradbtotal 176dr-x------ 2 root root 72 Jan 3 19:12 .drwxr-xr-x 34 root root 179776 Jan 3 19:12 ..lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jan 3 19:12 lvoradb -> /dev/mapper/vgoradb-lvoradboraserv1:/opt/cmcluster/bin #oraserv2:~ # ls -l /dev/vgoradbtotal 176dr-x------ 2 root root 72 Jan 3 16:01 .drwxr-xr-x 34 root root 179728 Jan 3 16:01 ..lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Jan 3 16:01 lvoradb -> /dev/mapper/vgoradb-lvoradbif this is the reason why my package is failling how can i get those minor/major number to be the same? or else i need help to get my package up and running.Kouyate MauryNB: i have attached my control.sh file
3 REPLIES 3
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor
Solution

The following "MD[0]=/dev/cciss/c1d1p1" should not be there. You do not have multipath so there is no "MD[0]"

If you have multiple paths from each server to the MSA500, then you need to set up MD first. Otherwise keep the activate/deactivate blank and the MD settings blank.

I'm not sure why, but your message is missing line feeds. You may want to preview next time to make it easier to read.

KOUYATE MAURY
Frequent Advisor

Hi, Thanks for your help my package is up and running. the package can switch on both nodes.
Please can i get the script witch can start and stop oracle when the package switch?

Kouyate Maury
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

If you are referring to the Oracle Toolkit, this is a purchasable product, which can be bought on the web from software.hp.com
http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?category=HA
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!