New Discussion юеВ

multipath is working, but...

SOLVED
Go to solution
C'est Pierre
Advisor

multipath is working, but...

Hello,

I just got pass the multipathing, QLogic does all the underlying failover. Thanks hp!

Now, the problem is like this:

# cmviewcl

CLUSTER STATUS
Cluster1 up

NODE STATUS STATE
node1 up running
node2 up running

node1# vgdisplay -v clusterfs|grep -i avai
Using volume group(s) on command line
Finding volume group "clusterfs"
LV Status available

node2# vgdisplay -v clusterfs|grep -i avai
Using volume group(s) on command line
Finding volume group "clusterfs"
LV Status available

Wasn't it supposed to be running on just one node? like node1, for example.

Secondly, wasn't it supposed to disable the volume group on the "passive" node?

I haven't started creating a package, I've been following the manual and I just reached this point. I also had issues, when I turned on the cmcluster.init script and made the cmcluster.rc's AUTOSTART_CMCLD variable equal to 1. When I rebooted the server, it didn't come back, when I checked the console, it was going thru an infinite loop, showing errors in the shellscript.

I am using SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.3 (SP3) and SG A.11.16.01.0

Could someone clarify me!

Thank you
Pierre
3 REPLIES 3
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: multipath is working, but...

You are correct that a VG should not be activated on both nodes. One question, are you sure you correctly implmented the function that keeps the VG from activating at boot? As I remember, it is documented in teh release notes (but I could be wrong).

If you have not implmented a package, there is nothing in SG that would activate the VG.
C'est Pierre
Advisor

Thanks! You were right, I hadn't read the release notes! It also solved me another issue I was having. Wasn't this supposed to be feature in the manual instead of the rel-notes?

Also, what about the other thing I asked before? is it normal? how do I tell which one is the active node or which one is the passive?

Thank you,
Pierre
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

The release notes are supposed to be read/followed first. Things that change because of differences in distributions are usuallyt in teh release notes. This happened to be one of those things. Certainly though what is in each manual can be argued. But ... :)

Once a package is defined, SG will activate the VG on the node the package is going to run on. DO NOT MANUALLY ACTIVATE A VG ASSOCAITED WITH A PACKAGE. Also, if a package has failed on one system and does nto fail over, do not start it manually without determining the state on the original node.