New Discussion юеВ

Multipathing and service guarde

SOLVED
Go to solution
belkacem
Frequent Advisor

Multipathing and service guarde

HEllo Team,

could you please help me to perform the multipathing ,,, i have two RX2660 servers and two Dl380 , all are conncted to one MSA2012fc, i have linux 4.7 installed i nned to perform the multipathing, in order to complete the service guarde instalation, so how i can do and perform the multipathing?
throught each software or each driver ?

thank you for your support

7 REPLIES 7
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Re: Multipathing and service guarde

i would say multipathing ans MCSG are different entity. So configure the multipath properly and MCSG should be ok as long as the disk/LUN is visible to the primary/standby hosts.

refer the doc attached . I dont have a MCSG/MP combination in practical
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

First, The RX2660s and the DL380s cannot be part of the same cluster. If they are in two clusters, the two clusters can share on MSA2012fc.

The manual has information on setting up DM-MPIO. There is some additional information in the certification matrix.

If this is not enough info, then on your next question please give the disto, errata, SGLX version, and FC HBA type.

Regards
belkacem
Frequent Advisor

thank you for your responces,

so i need to perform Multopathing forBoth DL380 G5 ith redhat 4.7 installed,

i have pluged two HBA Qlogiq ,

How i can install the DM-mpio in Redhat?

thank you so much

skt_skt
Honored Contributor
Solution

Install the rpm (like device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-27.RHEL4) and it is available for each version and kernel types(32 bit or 64 bit). AFAIk no need to customize /etc/multipath.conf.

You need to filter the MP devices under /etc/lvm/lvm.conf. My system current has sd[bc] which is filtered as shown below

filter = [ "r|/dev/cdrom|", "r|/dev/hdc|", "r|/dev/sd[bc]|", "r|/dev/disk/by-path/.*|", "a/.*/" ]
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

I believe that the multipathing built into the QLogic driver is supported with RH 4.7. You should check SPOCK (http://h20272.www2.hp.com/) to see what is truly supported with the MSA2012fc. SGLX supports both.
nfrignani

with two emulex hba the tech support told me to install the hp_fibreutils (downloaded from hp site) with "-M" options. This install the hba module with multipath integrated in and you don't need multipath os.
Brem Belguebli
Regular Advisor

Hi,

HBA shipped multipathing software works only in failover mode.

Native OS dm-multipath allows you to load-balance across paths in addition to the native failover feature.