Re: Service Guard A.11.20 Version erros

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ismail Azad
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Having two NICs on the same subnet for a specific server is one of the checklists in troubleshooting network connectivity. It is highlighted in serviceguard as high availablity revolves around the concept of "redundancy" and in this case NIC cards. Doing this will result in strange behaviour of the cards being able to function independently but_not_simultaneously.

Certain folks come to know about this rule only in a SG environment as the rule "stands out" in SG although it is one of the FAQs in troubleshooting "network connectivity".

> Could any one send link for Hp document regarding this by "highlighting the subnet info line"

> we need to communicated this to customer with proper Hp link.

Read the note on intermittent failures in page 40 of the attached document. That would be enough proof for the costumer as it is the HPUX LAN administrators guide!

> You have assigned points to 12 of 136 responses.

Regards
Ismail Azad
Read, read and read... Then read again until you read "between the lines".....
shabash
Frequent Advisor

1. It means that whtever interfaces the serviceguard cmquerycl evaluate the network and make certian NICs to stationary_IP or Heartbeat_IP,we can manually edit replacement and service guard wont give any error?

i have run cmquerycl on 3 nodes it will make
lan0=heartbeat(private)
lan1=standy(private)
lan2=stationary
lan3=standby.

#possible standby network for lan0:lan1
#possible standby network for lan2:lan3

usually on other system serviceguard when configured as per requirement give this line as

#possible standby network for bridge network lan0
#possible standby network for bridge network lan1.

2.Now i donot see any bridge comments by service guard but my lans are failover to each other??

Is this ok for service guard lan communication???