New Discussion юеВ

Serviceguard Autostart

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pramod M
Regular Advisor

Serviceguard Autostart

Hi,

I am running a Serviceguard (A.11.16.00) Cluster on hp-ux 11.23. Cluster & packages are working fine. But I am not able to start the cluster service automatically on system boot. If I run cmruncl command it will start successfully. I have edited the /etc/rc.config.d/cmcluster file and made entry AUTOSTART_CMCLD=1. Attached the syslog.log file. It seems not even attempting for start the service.
Please have a look and advise..

Thanks in advance..

Pramod M
5 REPLIES 5
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Serviceguard Autostart

no attachment
And could you also list the command you are using to start the cluster?
How many nodes are in the cluster? Are they all booted together?
You must have ALL nodes in the cluster ready to start the cluster services within the 10 minute default window, unless you have changed that parameter.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Pramod M
Regular Advisor

Hi,
Its a 2 node cluster. It was not in use for a while and now I configured a new package. I am not sure whether somebody disabled the autostart in any otherway. Hope the attached log is now available here. I am using the command cmruncl for starting cluster manually.

Thanks

Pramod
Pramod M
Regular Advisor

Yes I tried by rebooting both nodes at the same time.
R.O.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Have you the needed start link for cluster in "/sbin/rc3.d" ? i.e:

HP:/root#ll /sbin/rc3.d
total 0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 bin bin 22 Apr 29 13:17 S800cmcluster -> /sbin/init.d/cmcluster

Regards,

"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you"
Pramod M
Regular Advisor

Hi melvyn,
It is working fine now. First time I didnt booted the system at same time. Also there was a time sync issue. Now Cluster is coming up automaticaly after rebooting both nodes at the same time.

Thanks...

Pramod