StoreEasy Storage
1753873 Members
7379 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3in1 NAS Docking station - Firmware upgrade is not succesful

Jan Schubert

> tha fan should not make a loud noise , just how loud is it ?

It's as load as fan is :-), quite annoying as long is the NAS is in my sleeping room. There is just no need to spinn for the fan, at least there is no difference when i pull the plug...

> do you have the drive running akll the time or do you have it shut down after a set time of no use ? that is controled through disk management in nas .

Not sure, But I think I've set a timeout. Will verify this evening back at home.

> does your nas have an ip address ?

Yes.

> was it connected to a router when you first started it ?

Yes, I think so. There is a network connection plugged in. But I can assure there is no traffic at all.

Does the fan in your NAS not spin all the time? I assume there is a relation to the temperature in the room, if it is becoming warmer it spins more often and longer and louder and more annoying...
neil stober
Valued Contributor

no , the fan on my nas does not spin all the time , it only spins when i turn it off and then turn it on , it spins for about 2 minutes , then fan turns of . it is about 68 deg f or 18 deg c in the room so it is not hot .
i'm not in that room often but when i am i've never heard the fan , it rarely runs , only when i reboot nas , and at that time it is loud compared to laptop fan