1752672 Members
5753 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Add new disks on HPE StoreEasy existing

Achdam
Occasional Visitor

Add new disks on HPE StoreEasy existing

I have HPE StoreEasy with 8x6TB (RAID 6) storage configuration existing, I want to add 4 disk (4x6TB disks), can the 4 new disks be added to storage existing (RAID 6)? or make a new RAID for the 4 disks? Please help with the information

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Add new disks on HPE StoreEasy existing

@Achdam 

You haven't mentioned your StoreEasy model but please follow page no 116 and 117 of this StoreEasy Administrator guide. Hope this helps.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05168633

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Achdam
Occasional Visitor

HPE StoreEasy 1660 model with 8x6TB (RAID 6) storage configuration existing, I want to add Physical disk (4x6TB disks)
I access the server with ILO, because the server has no internet access (for security)
and there is no console management storage,
if by inserting a new physical disk into the existing RAID 6, will the old data be lost?

@Achdam 

You can go through Page no 42. You can also check page no 92 and 93 to get details on this from the below Admin guide which is applicable for HPE StoreEasy 1660,

https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00028243en_us

Basically you need to perform the activity with the help of Smart Storage Administrator (SSA)

Link to get all documents for HPE StoreEasy 1660,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00076238en_us

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
SA10
Occasional Visitor

I have a StoreEasy 1660 with 5 2TB drives in RAID 6 (one 12 drive enclosure).   Can I add lets say larger capacity drives (4TB or 6TB) to the enclosure and use them to configure a separate storage pool?  Controller is Smart Array P816i-a SR Gen 10.

SA10

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @SA10,

Yes. You can use larger drives and make a separate pool on the same enclosure.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

SA10
Occasional Visitor

@sbhat09 

Thank you.  Just to be clear - the full capacity of the larger disks in the new storage pool will be available for use?

SA10

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @SA10,

If those larger disks are configured as separate pool, no issues with full capacity utilization.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo