4588 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ASM Discovery fails due to old shares still being listed

Troy Thomas
Occasional Contributor

ASM Discovery fails due to old shares still being listed

I have an URGENT issue with the ASM.

The ASM reports 26GB of unmanaged space which I believe is being reported from two shares that no longer exists but is still listed in the ASM.

The shares are no longer shown under the Shared Folders Management tool but are still listed under the Shared Folder view in the All in one System Manager this causes the ASM to report "Discovery Failed"; when I attempt to add a new folder share of the same name even thou the folder, share does not exists the ASM denies creation stating that the share already exists.

I want to refresh the shares list in the ASM so it removes the "dead" shares that no longer exist.

This is a VERY urgent issue as the ASM interface will not process any new share commands etc because of this issue.

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
David Straw
Valued Contributor

Re: ASM Discovery fails due to old shares still being listed

Troy,

Deleted shares shouldn't cause ASM discovery to fail. Normally they will automatically be removed from the interface when deleted. To get to the bottom of this issue, we'll need to look more in depth at your environment, logs, etc. I suggest you open an HP support case so that we can assist you.

David
Troy Thomas
Occasional Contributor

Re: ASM Discovery fails due to old shares still being listed

I opened a case on friday and submitted HPS Reports, hopefully someone will respond soon.

Thanks

Troy