4260 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blue screen on Storageworks NAS 1200s

Esben Mouritsen

Blue screen on Storageworks NAS 1200s

Hi

I have a problem with an old NAS 1200s.

The guy here before have run an update a long time ago, and broken the raid and everything els (a known issue when you install SP packs)

Now i have tried converting it to VMware server, because the server is still used as a print server (and we would like to keep it as is, no migration)

The problem i'm having is that when i boot up the server 2003 appliance edition and login, it comes up with the notification:

The server you are running cannot run StorageWorks NAS software properly. You may be in violation of your license agreement. Please contact HP Support immediately if you think this message is displayed in error. The server will Blue Screen in 1 minute.

Is there some workaround for this, so that i can keep my virtual server?

The only thing with a bit of success is when i have booted on a server 2003 standard cd and run a repair, i could boot up and keep it alive, boot when i rebooted the notification came up again.

5 REPLIES 5
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Re: Blue screen on Storageworks NAS 1200s

You need to remove the SP first from server and then go into the BIOS setting and then put the same serial number and product number which is on the server sticker.

You may find the sticker either on the left/right side or back side of server.

Hope it will resolve your issue.
Esben Mouritsen

I have tried looking in the BIOS but i can't see where to put in a serial number?
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

I am not sure about exact option, where to put it but try to look for asset tag info in BIOS.

Or you may look at below similar posts also

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1232105

or

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=948057

Let me know the status, good luck
Esben Mouritsen

Thanks alot. That was very helpfull for the physical server.

But the BIOS in my virtual machine is a custom VMware BIOS, that doesn't hold an asset tag.

So i guess there is no way to get this running?! Maybe updata the server 2003 appliance edition to a standard.
Bhavnish Kamboj (BK)
Trusted Contributor

Yes definitely in VM BIOS you can't change... And NAS is not intend to use as your ESX host.

Please assign points to above if it iwas helpful.

Thanks,
BK