StoreEasy Storage
1752774 Members
5056 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iSCSI drives dissapear after reboot

CA1381654

iSCSI drives dissapear after reboot

I have the DL 100 G2 storage server running WSS 2003 w/ HP 5.5 storage software.

I installed the HP iSCSI feature pack and the license.

I created 2 logical drives.

On another computer, Windows 2003 I installed the Microsoft iSCSI software and connected to the IP address of my WSS server.

Back on the WSS server, I added the host and then assigned them to my logical drives.

On the destination server, I loaded the MS iSCSI initiator software and created a persistant connection. I checked the box automatically connect at startup.

I then went to device manager, found the new drives, formatted them, converted to GTP & dynamic and everything looked good. I went back into iSCSI initatior and the last tab, to bind the drive letters.

Then I reboot the server, it comes up and the drives are no longer there. I go into device manager, and they are listed as missing. I can right click and reattach.

I read a solution to add the iSCSI windows service to be a dependancy of the Windows Server service - followed the instructions as per MS website and that didnt help.

Why cant I get my drives to reappear after reboot? This is my first shot at iSCSI so please let me know if there are basic steps I maybe missing?
2 REPLIES 2

We are having this exact same problem. Has a solution been found?
CA1381654

Yes, the problem was caused by converting drives to dynamic. That doesnt work ;)