StoreEasy Storage
1753459 Members
4972 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mainboard swap on StoreEasy 1640 (DL380e Gen8)

SOLVED
Go to solution
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Mainboard swap on StoreEasy 1640 (DL380e Gen8)

We just replaced a defective mainboard on a StoreEasy 1640. The replacement board now says that it is a DL380e Gen8, which is the same device....

We changed the PID and SN in the BIOS but it still thinks it's a DL380. What is the procedure to change it to a StoreEasy?
I found a document that explains how to do it on a 1650 StoreEasy but that is a more modern system. (Gen9 instead of Gen8, Win2012 instead of 2008). According to that, a "Smart Component" in "C:\nas\components\support naming" must be run. (whatever that is...) Is it the same for the older 1640??

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
2 REPLIES 2
Solution

you can check this,

"After replacing the system board, you must ensure that the correct product name is installed on the replacement part. The correct product name is important for applications such as System Insight Manager and Insight Remote Support. To install the correct product name, browse to the C:\hpnas\components\support\naming folder. Locate and run the Smart Component that applies to your system. After running the Smart Component, you must shut down and then restart your system for the changes to take effect. If you run the incorrect Smart Component, the product name will be set incorrectly, but it will not affect your system in any other way."

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

Thank you... I found this too. It's from the 1650 (Gen9) manual. I was not sure if this procedure also applies to the older Gen8 based models too.
But it seems it is the same. I was able to login into the operating system and the folder structure seems to be unchanged.

The only difference is that the Gen9 manual says c:\nas .....  and the Gen8 path is c:\hpnas ....

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"