StoreEasy Storage
1753532 Members
6257 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA 60 support and deleting logical drive

George Seinfeld

MSA 60 support and deleting logical drive

I have four HP MSA60 shelves with 12 750GB SATA (9TB) Drives. This config has been forced upon me and I am wondering if anyone knows if HP will help me or support this setup.
1. The SAS card is an Adaptec 5085 card.
2. The server hosting the card is an IBM server.

Now, when I try to delete a logical drive for say all of shelf 0, it doesn't work. Someone said the drives also hold config info but I cannot find any info on this site on how to erase the config from the 12 drives. I had a drive fail in a shelf and the only way to get it back was to replace the whole shelf.

Replacing the drive in the shelf did not work, the hardware would not rebuild with the brand new drive. Replacing the whole shelf with blank drives was necessary but that was my only spare.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: MSA 60 support and deleting logical drive

hello
which OS do you use
also how can you try to delete logical drive
did you use tools or GUI or setup boot ?
JYP
George Seinfeld

Hi JYP,

I used the adaptec bootable CD rom, which has the software to create/delete/modify logical drives. The adaptec CD sees the card and also all the drives and shelves but like I said, the HP shelves dont seem to respond well to the commands from the adaptec configuration software.
peyrache
Respected Contributor

which os does run on IBM server ?
JYP
peyrache
Respected Contributor

best way is to purchase a controller supported by HP on MSA60 quickspecs , you get full support on HP even server is IBM
below pointer for quickspecs
JYP
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12627_div/12627_div.html