StoreEasy Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS DL100 G2 - Unnecessary tag?

Highlighted

NAS DL100 G2 - Unnecessary tag?

Alright, this may seem like a stupid question but I'm rather frustrated by need for it.

We just purchased a new DL100 G2. What's up with the warning sticker on the front panel that says:

"STOP! Do Not Power UP! The setup of this NAS device is different .. blah ... blah... blah ...Remove this sticker when indicated."

The installation guide makes no reference to this sticker or any reason why I shouldn't power it up once it's installed on my server rack.

I'm completely comfortable with how to configure the server for our network just a little put off by this little burr.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: NAS DL100 G2 - Unnecessary tag?

Hey NasTech,
This sticker is mainly a carry-over from the other platforms for NAS. No reason you should not just throw it away.

FYI: Other platforms come with the HP SmartStart CD. This is the CD you install to get your RAID configuration setup and install your OS. As the NAS system comes with an OS pre-installed, we don't want the customer to put the SmartStart CD in and basically blow away the pre-installed OS.
Make Sense? And yes we have customers who pull this sticker off and still blow away the pre-installed OS.

Thanks for the feedback.
Highlighted

Re: NAS DL100 G2 - Unnecessary tag?

Thanks Jon Paul.

That makes sense. As I said before, just put off by the need to confirm it wasn't an issue.

Thanks again.