108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS X1600 Windows Storage Server problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

NAS X1600 Windows Storage Server problem

we have just purchased x1600 storage server product number BK774A (25sff cage) with 12 x 146gb 10k SFF hdd installed, when we power up the server we recieve the error "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows instlation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation", it occurs everytime we restart the machine and continously getting the same prompt, please also note that the specific system does not have the provision to install internal DVD rom.
17 REPLIES 17
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

please also note that the installed controller is p812 and the machine comes as preinstalled windows Storage server 2008 std edition
Monty Phillips
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Muhammad,

I have not seen that behavoir on a brand new x1600 before so I would suggest you re-image the x1600 with the QuickRestore image.

If you do not have a DVD drive for the QR DVD, you can use a USB thumb drive instead. Essentially, you format the USB stick and then copy the contents of the QR DVD to the USB stick.

For instructions, see page 102-104 in the admin guide: http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02612398/c02612398.pdf

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13341_div/13341_div.html has iLO pictured on the back of the X1600 (and it doesn't say optional). So you should have it.

So you could try to load the QR DVD from there as well.

You can get the DVD from software.hp.com.
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

Okay let me try this as well, but i have doubt that this may be related to the P812 driver in the "Windows Storage server 2008 Std" that cannot able to access the controller and drives. Please comment
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

But the server should have been installed with the drivers already. Has somebody attempted to install the server without the QR? Like the vendor/reseller testing it before giving it to you?
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

we have directly purchased it from HP and we are working on it for customer.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

ok.

If you dl the right QR then it should have the driver for the controller on it.
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

okay let me try it today, i have now a usb key of 8 gb and ilo connectivity for DVD drive.
Thanks for your support.
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

currently the system is in RECOVERY stage and copying image file but the files seems to be very big, it is almost now 11 GB uploaded and still in process.... do you have any idea about the image size and how long will it take. also where i can get the updated firmware of system.