cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWare 6.5 & Storage Server

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

NetWare 6.5 & Storage Server

I have just purchased an HP StorageWorks aio600 3TB version to enable me to have more storage off my NetWare Server. However I can't seem to find any documentation as to how to make this work! I can create shared folders which is fine if I had a windows network but the manual vaguely talks about an agent but then doesn't explain how to install it - Can anyone help please? Or have I purchased the wrong product?????
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: NetWare 6.5 & Storage Server

Hi Allison,
Have you read through the Admin guide?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00755968/c00755968.pdf
Page 197 describes how to add the Netware networking service. Then you will need to create a new Netware share on your AiO600 by using the Server Manager in the control panel. This should let your users directly access the windows box using the Netware protocols.
Or are you trying to add an iSCSI disk to your existing Netware server and manage the share through the existing server? If this is the case, you can create a user-defined application area in the "Application Storage manager" and manually setup the iSCSI initiator on the Netware side. The support statement from Microsoft and HP are fairly vague when it comes to iSCSI initiators "we support standards based initiators".
Let us know how you would like to proceed and we will help all we can.
JP
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: NetWare 6.5 & Storage Server

Thank you for the speedy reply Jon - I would have replied earlier but have had to wait to restart the Novell Server! I had read that section but still can't believe you have to install IPX on a NetWare Server these days! Anyway I installed as per the manual - ipx installed on the novell server, FPNW on the Storage server. I created an NTFS volume and made this a share under Server Manager - Now What? It doesn't say anywhere how to access this area. I've tried browsing for the volume, I've tried mapping it - to no avail! Please please help - I really am beginning to think I have spent huge amounts of money on something that is not going to work. I'm willing to try any method to get this to work, so will bow to your superior knowledge..

Thanks
Allison