StoreEasy Storage
1753956 Members
7254 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant G4 with WSS2003 SP2 and Windows Update...

Leonard Blackman

Proliant G4 with WSS2003 SP2 and Windows Update...

When I recieved my Proliant WSS Server, it came with Automatic Updates disabled by default. I have long since installed a Microst WSUS server in my environment. Now I see HP recommends that we apply any Critical Patches Microsoft releases each month, as they no longer keep a running index for reference on this website.

I when into the Local Group Policy for the Storage Server, and set the Windows Update settings back to defaults for Windows (Not Configured) and moved this server into an OU that is feeding it WUAU peramiters through AD Group Policy, but wuauclt.exe still refuses to run. I know thee was an older Service Relese DVD that had the option to allow Windows Updates again, but I have no clue which one it was. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this server so it is allowed to run the Windows Update Automatic Update Tool?
3 REPLIES 3
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Hello
very good question ....
many customers already asked this one ,finally found in microsoft web site
(take a time) this very good WP attached
so let me know if repond to your need
JYP
Leonard Blackman

Thank you. I am amazed that you could read through my scribbled mess, the thing everyone else calls typing. This article was exactly what I was looking for as far what to install, and what not to.

I was also interested in enabling the Windows Update and Automatic Update features that were disabled by HP by default when the system arrived a number of years ago. Not only did I have to dig into the local Group Policy for the machine to even allow Automatic Updates to run, but I had to register a DLL associated with AU with regsvr32. All in all, a pain, I know there was a Service Release DVD that had the ability to re-enable it automatically, but for the life of me, I can't remember the version number, nor can I find it among my old SR packs for WSS 2003.

Either way, I do thank you for all your help, and I was able to finally push the critical updates from my WSUS server to my NAS server last night.
peyrache
Respected Contributor

latest version release is 6.9 let me know
if you need a pointer to get it
JYP