StoreEasy Storage
1753943 Members
9162 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RESTORE NAS1200S OS

CA1282511

RESTORE NAS1200S OS

I'm trying to restore the OS into a NAS1200s.
The boot process , from the usb device, stops with the folowing error. "cannot load usb storage device"

Pressing esc the screen with option Q to continue appears. I pressed the Q and the drives have been reinitialized . Unfortunately then the process cannot load the new OS , and now the NAS is unbootable.

I have a LG DVD RW USB Drive GSA-5163D.

Installation with a MS-Windows 2003 Server Original CD-Rom was OK.

This is very urgent .
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Alexandros
6 REPLIES 6
BR864674
Advisor

hello alexandros,

you must use following drive the certificate from HP: HP DVD Writer dvd300e if it does not use these drive you will be able to meet tantissimi inconvenient
Evan Afentoulis

Hi Alexandros,

I have just read your thread & the exact same situation has happened to me with a Liteon DVD drive instead. Can I ask you if & how you solved this problem & if you could kindly share with me. I have an urgent situation which I must solve quickly & any assistance you can share would be very helpful.

Thank you
Evan.
Garret Dman

I have a NAS 1000s (the older one) P/N: 334196-B21 . I am using a HP DVD300e external drive with the restore DVD and I am unable to get the disc to load. When the drive starts to load I get a blinking cursor and thats it! Nothing else happens. I don't know why this doesn't work considering I have all the recommended hardware. Why is this NAS device so difficult to restore?
Evan Afentoulis

I have subsequently tried various Pioneer DVD drives all to no avail I am left with a door stop.

Can somebody please help me with a solution to restore my NAS back to factory defaults.

p4ntb0y
Occasional Advisor

Well I used a multibay (Compaq)from a laptop and that worked just fine.

May I suggest once you have your unit up and running you make a bootable winpe 2.0 USB and then you can capture an image with either ghost or imagex then you can load it whenever you want.
Rajesh Talluri

Hi Alexandro,

Am also facing similar problem.

Please let us know how you installed the NAS. Am unable to get 300e drive which was listd in the supported hardware.

This is very urgent.

Help is very much appreciated.