1748063 Members
5871 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Share Permissions on B3000 with WSS2003

CA1057257
Occasional Contributor

Share Permissions on B3000 with WSS2003

I have a question that hopefully is an easy one. I have a brand new B3000v2 that we updated with the WSS2003 upgrade kit. I have taken the server and put it on my domain. I have then gone and created shares on the attached MSA1000 by using the Manage Your Server wizard. The shares appear, but when I go to look at the security on the shares it show only local accounts not domain accounts (ie. myfil01\administrators rather than mydomain\domain admins). Is this normal? I have tried to look around and find any information on this, but I must not be looking in the correct locations. If this is correct, how can you see what the correct permissions are without running through Effective Permissions everytime. This is my first venture into a NAS/SAN (which may be evident by my posting) so I am a bit confused.
2 REPLIES 2
CA1057257
Occasional Contributor

OK... I called up HP support on this problem and it looks like that is how it is done with WSS2003. I will have to check with Microsoft to see what can be done. I can't imagine that there is no other solution.
Sam_124

Hey,
I had the same problem and posted a question. My problem was solved utilizing the following response which was posted by KIETH! all credit goes to him.. Thanx agian..

" think this might solve the ACL issue for your 1200s in NT4 domain. Since Windows NT 4.0 domain architecture is different than win2k/win2k3 Active Directory domain architecture, a Remote Registry RPC call is done to access file share ACL permissions on the box. Set the Startup type for the Remote Registry service to: "Automatic" and ensure it is running. For security related reasons, HP set this service by default to "Manual". Microsoft sets it to "Automatic" by default for w2k3. "